Coach Shayne Gaffney
Shayne began his athletic career as a cross-country and middle distance runner competing in many Massachusetts State Meets as well as New England All State Meets. His specialties for running included the 5k, 1 mile, 1000m, 800m, and 4x400m relay team.
In college, Shayne transitioned to triathlon and competed in elite sprint and Olympic distances. Triathlon is where he really found his passion for cycling. Shayne began bicycle road racing in 2011.
In 2012 he joined forces with the North Shore’s premier training facility, B&S Fitness Companies in Salem, MA. There he created and launched P2, an indoor coached computraining program.
Since he was passionate about the sport and wanted to help others realize their cycling and athletic goals, he began to study for his USA Cycling coach exam. He passed the level 3 exam in 2012, level 2 exam in 2013, and Level 1 in 2018. Since then he has helped many people attain their goals whether it be upgrading racing categories, finishing their first century, or completing their first organized bike ride!
Shayne holds a bachelors degree in Health Science in Professional Development and Advanced Patient Care, and is a licensed physical therapy assistant in Massachusetts.
- Founder of GC Coaching
- Training Content Manager at Zwift
- USA Cycling Level 1 Coach (expert level)
- USA Cycling Certified Power Based Training Coach
- USA Olympic Committee Safe Sport Certified
- Precision Nutrition level 1 Coach
- Creator of P2 Coached Computraining
- Creator of Zwift’s “Build Me Up”, “Pebble Pounder”, “Zwift Racing”, and “201: Your First 5k” Flexible Training Plans
- Involved with Zwift Academy since 2019
- US Military Endurance Sports (USMES) Affiliated Coach
- Skratch Labs Ambassador
- Power Meter City Ambassador
As an award-winning author, he has been published in Bicycling Magazine, Triathlete, the TrainingPeaks blog, Zwift Insider, and hosts the Never Going Pro podcast.