Whether you are new to cycling or an experienced rider, working towards a goal with a supportive community that motivates and keeps you accountable is the best way reach your athletic performance goals. Our virtual group training option, powered by Bereda Training, involves implementing proven successful training plans with encouragement and guidance from Coach Shayne so you feel supported, confident, and educated throughout your training journey, as well as Peer-to-Peer Coaching where the community helps each other improve.
By combining GC Coaching’s proven methodology and training plans, with Bereda’s Ability to act as an online
you get the RESULTS
you’re looking for FASTER
All your workouts will be delivered via TrainingPeaks which can then be easily synced to your devices and favorite training software – like Zwift.
When it comes to data and analytics, more isn’t always better.
Bereda keeps things simple, surfacing what matters most so athletes can take action on their analytics.
Bereda combines modern, 1-to-1 messaging with access to training data, bringing context to conversations about training between, athletes, their peers, and coaches.
Instead of talking in generalities, users can get into the details and provide better guidance.
Training Details bring Context to Conversations
Bereda gives athletes the power to share their full training data with the select peers that want to help them improve. No more copy and pasting charts into emails or Facebook Messenger, the context for the conversation is right where you need it.
Meet Your Coach
Shayne is a USA Cycling Level 1 (expert level) certified Coach, a USA Cycling Power Based Training certified Coach, a Precision Nutrition Level 1 certified Coach, a US Military Endurance Sports (USMES) affiliated Coach, and USA Olympic Committee Safe Sport certified. He is the owner and head Coach of GC Coaching, Workout Content Editor at Zwift, the creator of P2 Coached Computraining, and the creator of Zwift’s “Build Me Up” Flexible Training Plan.
Our Next Virtual Training Group Starts October 7th!
GC Coaching Virtual Training is a 3 phase program. Each phase consists of 8 weeks of structured and progressive training geared towards cyclists and triathletes of all abilities to get you in the best shape possible coming into Spring. You can easily export all of the workouts to your favorite devices or software to make following your program easy. There is also a closed Facebook group where you can talk directly with your coach and other participating athletes. The best part is you can do these workouts from the comfort of your own home and at any time you want!
How Does It Work?
- Sign up by filling out the form at the bottom of this page, and you will be alerted 1 week before the next group starts.
- You can use a smart trainer, or a regular trainer with a power meter / heart rate monitor, and / or just a speed sensor!
- All of the workouts can be found in your personal TrainingPeaks account that you will create. You will receive an e-mail after payment with instructions on how to do this. The workouts can be easily exported to your favorite devices and/or training software from your calendar.
- If you need to shift around the days of the workouts, simply adjust them in your personal TrainingPeaks calendar by dragging and dropping them.
- Easily connecting your Strava and Bereda accounts gets your data into the training group itself to give your peers the ability to give you props on your effort.
- We also recommend connecting your TrainingPeaks account and a Zwift account for the easiest way to train. You can find directions for doing that here:
- 24 weeks of structured training created by a Level 1 USA Cycling power based training certified coach.
- 5 workouts per week which average 1 hour during the week, and 1.5 hours+ over the weekends, all focused on increasing your FTP.
- Access to the GC Coaching virtual training Bereda group. Here you will have exclusive access to ask questions to your coach and other participating athletes, learn more about nutrition, hydration, and other training topics, and get to know your fellow members. You will be asked to join the group after purchase.
- Body Maintenance routines.
- A TrainingPeaks basic account.
411 On The Training Plan
The plan builds in TSS, IF, and duration over the course of 3 weeks, with the 4th week being a regeneration week each month.
The training plan is set up to have workouts on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday. The workouts during the week are shorter since most of us are working, and the workouts over the weekend longer.
If you’re time crunched, you should skip Wednesday (as this is the easiest workout of the week), and if you’re super time crunched, skip Wednesday and Sunday’s workout. For those athletes who have events or group / club rides over the weekend, you may replace the plan’s workout with said ride. Your call if you want to ride the following day. The plan is great to follow exactly, or an excellent way to structure your training, but there will always be flexibility included to adjust to your busy schedule. This plan also comes with:
- Daily e-mail workout reminders.
- TrainingPeaks mobile app (iOS and Android).
- Easy workout export to your Zwift account / Garmin / Wahoo.
- Many changes in interval duration and intensity to keep things interesting and reduce the monotony if being done on a trainer.
Phases 1-3 Progression
What Athletes Are Saying
“I can’t say enough about this program with GC coaching. I’ve trained with Shayne before but failed due to time constraints. But his virtual training program solves that issue. And I already feel stronger. The numbers auto set to your FTP, so the sessions are just hard enough to finish with a great sense of accomplishment. And as the weeks are progressing, I am feeling a lot stronger and more confident about my abilities. I’m not a pro, so I can’t tell you that the training is structured for a specific gains. I can say he has his certifications and I’ve dealt with him personally and he sounds very impressive. I can say that so far, it feels perfect. I struggle, but finish. I’m appreciate the rest days. I feel stronger and can see the physical changes. So he must know something. We can all find snip-its of training here and there. But a full, day by day, personally formatted exercise program, that progresses appropriately, for a crazy low cost. Why would you not do it. And I know I will be crushing the group rides this summer!!!”
“I just want to say thanks Shayne! For putting your valuable time into phase 1,2, and 3. It worked like a charm! I just completed in tour of BATTENKILL, “queen of the classics” with all the steep muddy roads and hills, on a road bike. I took 2nd in my age and tied for 9th overall, not bad for a 51 year old. Thanks again!!!!! My team thanks you too. They have seen significant gains since doing the 3 phases!!!!”