This is one of my favorite salads to make in the Spring and Summer when the temperature starts to rise and the strawberries are in season. It is easy to make, protein dense, low in calories, and always delicious.
Strawberry Chicken Salad
What you will need
- 1 head of romaine lettuce
- 2 heads of butter lettuce
- 8-10 strawberries
- 1 pound of chicken (I used thigh meat #tasty)
- Dressing: Apple cider vinegar, olive oil, honey
Prepare the chicken
- Brown the chicken on medium-high heat on both sides (approx. 1 minute per side)
- Then, once browned, turn the heat down to low and cover. Let sit for 10 minutes
- Then, remove from the heat and let sit another 10 minutes
- I have not found a better way to cook chicken that keeps it so juicy and tender!
- Or, if you are pressed for time just purchase a rotisserie chicken and strip it
Prepare the salad
- Slice the strawberries
- Rough chop the romaine lettuce
- Rough chop the butter lettuce
- Combine the romaine lettuce and butter lettuce in a large bowl and toss to mix
- Then once the chicken is cooked, pull or cut into bite sized pieces
Prepare the dressing
- Use an old water bottle/other container
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tbsp of vinegar (I used apple cider)
- 2 tbsp of honey
- Mix very well! The honey takes some time to mix with the oil and vinegar
Put it all together
- ENJOY! 🙂
This makes 4-5 servings so it is a perfect recipe to make on a Sunday and have it for lunch for the week.
Recipe courtesy of: Skratch Labs. Check them out for all things sports nutrition!
For more information on GC Coaching and how we can help you improve your fitness, please visit www.gaffneycyclingcoaching.com
No comment yet, add your voice below!